Smokehouse Lentil Sloppy Joes
Smoky, sweet, savory and super filling. They take only 20 minutes to whip up from start to finish. Say hello to your perfect weeknight dinner!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
10 brown cremini mushrooms
1 tbsp oil
1 pkgPulled Pork Seasoning (Pack of 3), divided
1 can (5.5 oz/156 ml) tomato paste
2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
2 tsp +1 tbsp cider vinegar
2 cups water
2 cans (19 oz/540 ml each) lentils
1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise
1⁄2 tbsp maple syrup, optional
3 cups shredded coleslaw mix
6 burger buns, toasted
- Roughly dice mushrooms. Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; stirring occasionally, cook 4 min or until they soften and shrink.
- Reduce heat to medium. Measure out 1⁄4 cup seasoning; add to pan. Stir in tomato paste, sugar, and 2 tsp vinegar. Add water; stir to combine.
- Drain and rinse lentils, then add to pan. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 min.
- Meanwhile, make coleslaw. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining seasoning (about 2 tbsp), mayonnaise, 1 tbsp vinegar, and maple syrup, if using. Add coleslaw mix, stirring to combine.
- Spoon lentil mixture over bottom buns. Top with coleslaw, then cover with the top bun.
Per serving: Calories 440, Fat 12 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 600 mg, Carbohydrate 69 g (Fibre 20 g, Sugars 14 g), Protein 20 g.